top of page
  • Writer's pictureRichmond Democratic Town Committee

Registering New Students at Chariho – Locator Cards

Just moved to the area and wish to enroll your child in the Chariho Regional School District?  Then you will need a Locator Card as part of your school registration.

What is a locator card?

It is just what it sounds like!  Your local town hall will issue you a card that serves as verification that you reside in a Chariho district town.  

Why do we need one? 

Having a geographically large regional school district, including students attending from other districts, means keeping track of where students reside is necessary for the all important aspect of public schooling: funding.  Locator cards help schools make sure they are sending, collecting and delegating funds correctly.

Where do I get one?

At your local town hall.  For Richmond residents, you can get your locator card at the main window at Richmond Town Hall located at 5 Richmond Townhouse Road in Wyoming. 

When can I get one?

Town Hall, and the Town Clerk’s Office are open Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 4:00pm.  Town Hall may be closed for holidays, when in doubt call ahead to verify they are open at 401-539-9000 Ext. 9.

Who can get a locator card for a student?

Parents, guardians or  persons acting in loco parentis or acting on behalf of homeless children/students may apply for a locator card.

What do I need to bring?

  • A Valid Photo ID

  • A Certified Copy of the Child’s Birth Certificate

  • Proof of Residency

  • If not a homeowner, proof of rental agreement and verification of occupancy by a landlord

  • An Affidavit of Residency/Homelessness (completed at Town Hall)

For full detail on each requirement see the Town Clerk FAQs relating to Locator Cards

When will I get the card?

Generally that day, though, there may be a delay of a few days before a locator card can be issued while eligibility for enrollment is being determined. 

Once you have a locator card, it can be included in your student’s registration paperwork, either in hard copy or by uploading through the PowerSchool registration process (your school clerks or guidance clerks can assist with this aspect).

For any other questions about locator cards, reach out to the Town Clerk at 401-539-9000 Ext. 9.

-- Alexis Turner


bottom of page